Electrician? Apply Now!
Build on the skills you have by working side by side with some of the best electricians in the world, the Journeyman Inside Wiremen of the IBEW.
The Construction Electrician / Construction wireman (CE/CW) Program Offers:
- Competitive Wage Package
- Employer-Paid Benefits
- Credit given for up to 5 years experience (verification of hours and proof of qualifications required, i.e. W-2 or check stubs)
- Opportunities to receive OSHA certification and Code of Excellence certification and other certifications, free of charge.
- CE3s, the top level of the program, upon verification of hours, will have the opportunity to take the official IBEW JIW Examination in order to achieve the coveted IBEW 553 Journeyman Inside Wireman classification.
- Must live in Local 553's jurisdiction (click to see map); all counties in light purple color are in Local 553's jurisdiction.
- NC Driver's License
- Social Security Card
- Download our (application), print, fill out, scan or photograph each page. Then submit it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 919-596-6657, or mail to IBEW Local 553, P. O.Box 13551, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. You can also submit it in person.
Once you provide us with your application, we will schedule a short assessment to determine your electrical knowledge. We will meet with you for an interview where we will give you credit for your experience, review and grade your assessment with you and determine your classification in our CE/CW program. Please bring as much verification of work experience as possible to the interview. After the interview, we will begin working to find you a work assignment.
UnionActive IBEW Newswire Join the Newswire!
Updated: Jul. 07 (09:41)
IBEW & AT&T Extend Core Contract to July 15th Update #3 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 21 Ratification Voting IBEW local 2325 Fourth of July Holiday Closure IBEW Local 483 Stay in the Know and Help Others Sign Up International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 21 Tentative Agreement IBEW local 2325 Negotiations IBEW local 2325Contact My Elected Representatives